24 October 2012

Chalk board lettering

Have you ever wondered how you can get that perfect looking chalk board lettering?
I am totally into chalk board paint and love the look when the paint is applied directly to the wall.   Getting the lettering to look like signage can seem complicated.  Melaine from another of my favourite blogs has made it really easy.  You can find her DIY directions here.

I wish I had a large enough wall space in my kitchen so I could do this.  My husband built us a table that really resembles this table from Pottery Barn {although ours was fashioned after a vintage harvest table in a friend's home} and I'm really liking the lighting idea.  Now if only I had the wall!

{Pottery Barn image: here } 

What about you -- what do you think of chalkboard walls?




No comments:

Post a Comment