25 July 2013

Simple ordinary beauty

I had the pleasure of visiting my friend Holly's lovely garden last week.   

While there were many beautiful views to be had that day, the sun was blazing in the early summers sky which made taking photos a particularly challenging event (for me), but these blueberries made my day.  I think I need to grow blueberries.


{images:  theurbanfarmchick.  Verse:  pinterest}

And, as promised, the culinary lavender has arrived so here's the recipe:


Lavender Lemonade Recipe

6 cups wateer
1 3/4 cup sugar
3 T lavender blossoms
1 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

In saucepan bring water to a boil.  Add sugar, reduce heat, stir until dissolved.
Remove from heat, stir in lavender blossoms.  Steep 30 - 60 minutes.  Strain.  Stir in LJ.  Cool, serve with crushed ice.






No comments:

Post a Comment