01 September 2014

Blueberries and Figs

I like waking up to the sound of a nice rain on my roof.  It calms my soul.  The perfect day to spend in the kitchen making Blueberry Jam, Blueberry Syrup and Fig Jam.

I discovered the Fig Jam recipe over here at Missing Goat Farm.  
I made this condiment for my nieces bridal shower - paired it with brie cheese and an assortment of crackers.  Yum. 



The recipe is super easy, you will find it over on Heather's blog in the link above.
Nope, I didn't grow the figs.  Can't grow the figs here, it is way outta the growing zone for Northwestern Ontario.  But, my local grocery store brings them in and if you get there early enough you can manage to pick up flats that aren't picked over and squished.  


The recipe calls for Port.  Luckily my husband loves Port so there is always a bottle in the house. 


Fig with Port Jam, Blueberry Jam, Blueberry Syrup (with the lumpy bits of blueberry).  A great way to spend an otherwise rainy day.  



Happy Labour Day!  





No comments:

Post a Comment